Time to Complete (in minutes): 2
- How can I determine which version of DirectX is installed in Windows?
These instructions, or part(s) of them, are out of date and no longer supported by 4Help. For more information, see Currently Supported Versions
- Start the dxdiag utility.
- In XP/Vista/7:
- Click the Start button. Your cursor will automatically be placed in the text box above the Start button.
- Type: dxdiag
- Select dxdiag.exe.
- In 8:
- On the Start screen, type: dxdiag
- Click the dxdiag.exe tile.
- If prompted to check the signature of the drivers, click the No button.
- Under System Information, to the right of DirectX Version:, your version of DirectX will be displayed.