Managing Spam when Forwarding VT Google Apps Mail by Creating a Filter
Time to Complete (in minutes): 6
- After setting my VT Google Apps Mail account to forward to a different email account, how do I manage spam in the VT Google Apps Mail account by using a filter?
To manage spam by creating a filter:
- These directions will only forward new spam that arrived after the filter was set, not email messages that were already marked as spam.
- If you are forwarding to your Virginia Tech Exchange account, then any email forwarded as a result of this filter will arrive in the Junk Email folder of your Virginia Tech Exchange account.
- Go to the VT Google Apps (http://mail.google.com/a/vt.edu) Web page.
- In the Username: text box, type your Virginia Tech PID.
- In the Password: text box, type your Google password.
- Click the Sign in button.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, click the Settings button.
Note: The Settings button is represented by a gear.
- From the drop-down list, select Settings.
- Select the Filters tab.
- Click the Create a new filter link.
- In the Has the words text box, type: in:spam
- Click the Create filter with this search link.
- Click OK.
- Place a check in the Never send it to Spam check box.
- Click the Create filter button.