Exporting a WebMail Address Book to VT Google Apps Mail
Time to Complete (in minutes): 10
- How do I export my WebMail address book and move it to VT Google Apps Mail?
You will need to export your WebMail address book, transition your WebMail account to a VT Google Apps account (if you have not already), and then import your address book into VT Google Apps Mail.
- Export your WebMail address book.
- Log on to WebMail using your PID and password.
- In the left menu, to the left of Organizing, click the + button.
- In the left menu, to the left of Address Book, click the + button.
- For each address book that you want to export, repeat the following steps.
- In the left menu, click the name of the address book that you want to export.
- Next to each contact that you want to save, place a check in the appropriate check box.
If you want to select all contacts listed on a page, next to Name
, place a check in the check box.
- Click the Export link.
- From the Select the export format drop-down list, select Comma separated values (Microsoft Outlook).
- Click the Export the following address book completely radio button.
- From the Select the address book to export from drop-down list, select the address book that you want to export.
- Click the Export button.
- Save the contacts.csv file to your desktop.
- If you have not already transitioned, transition your WebMail account to a VT Google Apps Mail account. For instructions, see Transitioning Your VT Mail Account to a Virginia Tech Google Services Account.
- Import your saved WebMail address book into your VT Google Apps Mail account.
- Go to the VT Google Apps Web site.
- In the Username text box, type your Virginia Tech PID.
- In the Password text box, type your Google password.
- Click the Sign in button.
- In the top-left corner, from the Gmail drop-down list, select Contacts.
- Click the More button.
- From the drop-down list, select Import.
- Click the Browse button.
- Navigate to your desktop and double-click the contacts.csv file.
- Click the Import button.