Time to Complete (in minutes): 5
- How do I obtain a Hokies account?
- Go to the ADadmin page (http://adadmin.w2k.vt.edu").
Note: You will experience a brief redirect when you click on the ADadmin link.
- In the HOKIES\: text box, type your PID.
- In the Password: text box, type your PID password.
- Click the Log In button.
- To expand the menu, in the left pane, click the Persons link.
- In the left pane, under Persons, click the Upgrade Contact To User link.
- In the appropriate text boxes, type a new password for your Hokies account.
Refer to Creating Strong Passwords (http://www.awareness.security.vt.edu/passwords/strong_passwords.html)
for information on creating a strong password.
- Click the Upgrade Contact button.
- Click OK.
- Important: You must wait 15 minutes before using your Hokies account.
- To use your Hokies account, log on with your Hokies ID and password.
- As an extra security precaution, when you create a Hokies account, your contact will be removed from any groups of which you are a member. You and your group's administrator will receive an email message to confirm your removal, and you will need to be added back to the group.