Connecting to the VT-Wireless Wireless Network in Windows 7
Time to Complete (in minutes): 10
- How do I connect to the VT-Wireless wireless network in Windows 7?
To connect to the VT-Wireless wireless network in Windows 7:
For Virginia Tech students, current registration for Virginia Tech wireless services using COLA (https://cola.cns.vt.edu/servlets/logon)
is required to access the VT-Wireless wireless network.
- If you have not already done so, create a network password. For instructions, see Creating a Network Password (http://answers.vt.edu/kb/entry/3765/).
- If you previously connected to VT-Wireless by downloading and installing a network certificate, delete all certificates. For instructions, see Deleting VT-Wireless Certificates in Windows XP/Vista/7 ().
- Run the script to configure your computer to access the VT-Wireless wireless network.
- Depending on whether you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows, download the appropriate script.
- To download the 32-bit version of the VT-Wireless wireless script, click the following link: Windows VT-Wireless Script - 32 bit (http://www.support.vt.edu/tools/thetools/VT-Wireless32.exe).
- To download the 64-bit version of the VT-Wireless wireless script, click the following link: Windows VT-Wireless Script - 64 bit (http://www.support.vt.edu/tools/thetools/VT-Wireless.exe).
- Save the script file to your desktop.
- If you are connected to the VT-Wireless wireless network, disconnect from the VT-Wireless wireless network.
- In the system tray, click the network icon.
- Select VT-Wireless.
- Click the Disconnect button.
- On your desktop:
- If you downloaded the 32-bit version of the script, double-click the VT-Wireless32 icon.
- If you downloaded the 64-bit version of the script, double-click the VT-Wireless icon.
- Click the Run button.
- Click OK.
- After the setup completes, click OK.
- Click the No button.
- Connect to the VT-Wireless wireless network.
- When the Additional information is needed to connect VT-Wireless balloon appears, click the middle of the balloon.
- In the User name text box, type your PID.
- In the Password text box, type your network password.
- Click OK.