Downloading and Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 for Mac OS X v10.5/10.6/10.7
Time to Complete (in minutes): 40
- How do I download and install Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 for Mac OS X v10.5/10.6/10.7?
To download and install Symantec Endpoint Protection 12:
- Caution: Close any programs and uninstall any existing antivirus software before proceeding with these instructions. Failure to do so could result in problems with installation and with other programs on your computer. If you only need to uninstall Norton or Symantec AntiVirus, then continue reading.
- This version of Symantec Endpoint Protection is not compatible with Mac OS X v10.4 and earlier. If you are currently using OS X v10.4 or earlier, you must either upgrade your operating system or download an older version of the antivirus software.
- Since the following steps require restarting the computer, it is recommended that you bookmark this article in your Internet browser.
- Go to the Symantec Antivirus Downloads page (http://www.antivirus.vt.edu/download/).
Important: This software is available at no charge for current Virginia Tech students, faculty, staff, and retirees only.
- Set your browser preferences to save downloaded files to the desktop.
- In the PID: text box, type your Virginia Tech PID.
- In the Password: text box, type your PID password.
- Click the logon button.
- In the blue-outlined box, click the Download link.
- The file will be saved to your desktop.
- On your desktop, double-click the Symantec Endpoint Protection.zip icon.
- On your desktop, double-click the Symantec Endpoint Protection.mpkg icon.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue.
- After reading the license agreement, click Continue.
- Click the Agree button.
- Click the Install button.
- In the authentication window:
- In the Name: text box, type the name of an administrator account.
- In the Password: text box, type the password of the administrator account.
- Click the Install Software button.
- Click the Continue Installation button.