"ORA-12571 TNS packet writer failure" Error Message in Banner for Windows XP
Time to Complete (in minutes): 30
- When I open Banner in Windows XP, I receive an "ORA-12571 TNS packet writer failure" error message. What should I do?
- You may be receiving this error for one of the following reasons:
After trying the possibilities listed above, if you continue to receive the error message, download and install the Winsock 2 repair utility. To do this:
- Your firewall is blocking access to Banner. Turn off your firewall and try logging on to Banner. If you are able to log on, configure your firewall to allow Banner access.
- You have installed a pop-up blocking program that is blocking access to Banner. Uninstall the program and try logging on to Banner. For instructions, see Uninstalling a Program in Windows XP/Vista/7 (http://answers.vt.edu/kb/entry/3346/).
- You have unknowingly installed spyware, such as ShopAtHome, on your computer. For instructions on removing spyware, refer to Preventing, Detecting, and Removing Spyware (https://computing.vt.edu/content/preventing-detecting-and-removing-spyware).
- Go to Counterexploitation's LSP-Fix Web page (http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm).
- Click the LSPFix.exe link.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- On your desktop, double-click the LSPFix.exe icon.
- Click the Run button.
- From the Remove list, select OSMIM.DLL.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK.
- Start Banner.