Time to Complete (in minutes): 10
- How do I change my PID password?
To change your PID password:
This article applies to those who know their current PID password and want to change it. If you have forgotten your password, see Changing Your Forgotten PID Password (http://answers.vt.edu/kb/entry/225/)
- Go to the My VT (http://my.vt.edu/) Web site.
- Click the Log on with CAS link.
- In the Username text box, type your Virginia Tech PID.
- In the Password text box, type your PID password.
- Click the Login button.
- Select the Personal Info tab.
- Under Contact Info, click the Manage your Profile link.
- Under Account Information, click the Change Your Password link.
- In the Current password text box, type your current PID password.
- In the New password text box, type a new password.
Refer to Creating Strong Passwords (http://www.awareness.security.vt.edu/passwords/strong_passwords.html)
for information on creating a strong password.
- In the New password again text box, retype the new password.
- Click the Change Password button.
- Click the Logout link.
- To confirm, on the next page, click the Logout link.
- For increased security, close your browser.
Note: Since many online services, such as email, My VT, and Hokie SPA, require using your PID to log on, you will need to use your new password when logging on to these services.