Time to Complete (in minutes): 5
- How do I verify that Windows is connected to the Internet via Ethernet?
To verify that your computer is connected to the Internet via Ethernet:
These instructions, or part(s) of them, are out of date and no longer supported by 4Help. For more information, see Currently Supported Versions
- Plug one end of your Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the back of your computer.
- Plug the other end of your Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port in your residence hall room or apartment.
- Wait five minutes.
- In your browser, go to the Virginia Tech home page (http://www.vt.edu/).
- Depending on the results:
- If the Web page loads, Windows is already connected to the Internet.
- If the Web page does not load, follow the appropriate instructions below: