Determining Whether a Budget Transfer Has Been Completed and Posted in Banner Finance
Time to Complete (in minutes): 15
- How can I determine whether a budget transfer has been completed and posted in Banner Finance?
Note: The FGIJVCD list of suspended journal voucher forms is cleared weekly. If you are doing a budget transfer between departments, the department receiving the transfer needs to complete the transaction in a timely fashion to ensure that it does not get cleared.
To check if a budget transfer has been completed and posted in Banner Finance:
- Go to the FGIDOCR form.
- In the Document text box, type the document number.
- Do a Next Block command. If the transaction has been completed and posted, you will see the accounting distribution on this form. If the transaction has not been completed and posted, you will see a "Document code does not exist on FGBTRNH" message.
Note: It may take as much as 10 to 15 minutes for a transaction to post after it has been completed, depending on the amount of transfer activity occurring at the time.
- If the budget transfer has not been posted, you can check to see if it has been completed by doing the following:
- Go to the FZABDGT form.
- Click the Document Number button.
- Scroll through the list of documents to locate your document number. The document has not been completed if it is included in the list.