Accessing Your Virginia Tech Network-Attached Storage (NAS) Space in Mac OS X
Time to Complete (in minutes): 10
- How do I access my Virginia Tech Network-Attached Storage (NAS) space in Mac OS X?
To access your Virginia Tech Network-Attached Storage (NAS) space:
- Start Finder.
- From the Finder drop-down list, select Preferences....
- Click the General icon.
- Under Show these items on the desktop:, place a check in the Connected servers check box.
- Close the preferences window.
- From the Go drop-down list, select Connect to Server....
- Use the connection method that applies to the type of NAS space you are trying to access.
- Click the Connect button.
- Select the Registered User radio button.
- In the Name: text box, type: HOKIES\[Your Hokies ID]
Note: Replace [Your Hokies ID] with your Hokies ID.
- In the Password: text box, type your Hokies ID password.
- Click the Connect button. An icon representing your NAS space will be created on your desktop. The icon will be titled differently depending on the type of NAS space to which you have connected.
- If you have connected to a personal NAS space, the icon will be titled with your Hokies ID.
- If you have connected to a departmental NAS space, the icon will be titled with the name of the NAS space.