Configuring Entourage 2004/2008 to Block Web Bugs
Time to Complete (in minutes): 5
- How can I configure Entourage 2004/2008 to block Web bugs?
A Web bug is a graphic on a Web page or in an email message that is designed to monitor who is reading the page or message. Web bugs are often invisible because they are typically only a pixel in size.
To configure Entourage to block Web bugs:
- From the Entourage drop-down list, select Preferences....
- In the left pane, under General Preferences, select Security.
- Under HTML options, clear the Display complex HTML in messages check box.
- In the left pane, under Mail & News Preferences, select Compose.
- Under General, from the Mail format drop-down list, select Plain Text.
- In the left pane, under Mail & News Preferences, select Reply & Forward.
- Under Reply & Forward, clear the Reply to messages in the format in which they were sent check box.
- In the left pane, under Mail & News Preferences, select View.
- Under Messages, clear the Show attached pictures and movies in messages check box.
- Click OK.