Printing Banner Reports to a Network Printer
Time to Complete (in minutes): 20
- How do I print Banner reports to a printer in my office over the network?
- In order to print Banner reports to a printer in your office, you must prepare your network printer, ask your computer support person to request a Banner printer definition for the systems you use to print your reports, and then request access to your printer from the systems you use to print your reports.
- Prepare your network printer.
Note: In order to use your printer with Banner, your printer must be PostScript compatible.
- Configure your printer so that it is accessible over the network. You can accomplish this in one of two ways.
- Record the following information:
- Printer model
- Printer hostname or IP address
- Printer queue name
- If printing directly to the printer, check your printer's documentation for this name.
- If printing to a shared printer, in the printer's properties, use the "Share Name".
- Request a Banner printer definition for the systems you use to print your reports.
- Ask your department's computer support personnel to send an email message to Unix Administration Services at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that your printer be defined within Banner. The message should include the following information:
- Allow 2 to 3 days for your request to be processed.
- Request access to your printer from the Banner systems you use to print your reports. Once your Banner printer definition has been created, your computer support person should request your printer be enabled with the systems listed below that you will be using:
Note: If your department does not have a computer support person, send the following information and indicate that you do not have a technical support contact.
Banner JOBSUB: Send an email to email@example.com. In the request, include the following information:
- Printer name
- Department name
- Printer's model information
- You will be contacted when your printer has been configured.