Time to Complete (in minutes): 10
- How do I send an Exchange email message in Outlook 2003/2007/2010/2013?
To send an exchange email message:
These instructions, or part(s) of them, are out of date and no longer supported by 4Help. For more information, see Currently Supported Versions
- Start Outlook.
- Start a new email message.
- In 2003/2007, click the New button.
- In 2010/2013:
- Select the Home tab.
- Click the appropriate button.
- In 2010, click the New E-mail button.
- In 2013, click the New Email button.
- Address the message.
- If you know the email address of the person to whom you want to send a message, to the right of To..., in the text box, type the email address.
Note: If you are sending a message to a faculty or staff member, you can simply type the person's name in the text box. If the person does not have an Exchange account, the message will be delivered to the person's VT Google Apps Mail account.
- If you want to search the Global Address List (GAL) for a faculty or staff member:
- Click the Address Book button.
- Under Address Book, use the drop-down list to select Global Address List.
- In the Search: text box, type the person's last name.
- Select the person's name you want from the list.
Note: A name listed with a globe next to it means the person does not have an Exchange account. Your message will be delivered to the person's VT Google Apps Mail account.
- Click the To button.
- Click OK.
- In the Subject text box, type the subject you want for the message.
- Type the body of the message.
- Click the Send button.