Unable to Locate Wireless Networking Tab in Windows XP/Vista/7/8
Time to Complete (in minutes): 5
- I am unable to locate the wireless networking tab in the wireless network connection properties window in Windows XP/Vista/7/8. How do I locate my wireless networking information?
To locate the wireless networking tab:
These instructions, or part(s) of them, are out of date and no longer supported by 4Help. For more information, see Currently Supported Versions
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- In XP/Vista/7:
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- In 8:
- On the Start screen, type: Control Panel
- Click the Control Panel tile.
- View your network connections.
- In XP:
- Click the Network and Internet Connections link.
- Click the Network Connections link.
- In Vista/7/8:
- Click the Network and Internet link.
- Click the Network and Sharing Center link.
- View all connections.
- In Vista, in the left pane, click the Manage network connections link.
- In 7/8, in the left pane, click the Change adapter settings link.
- Right-click the icon of your wireless connection.
- From the drop-down list, select Properties.
- In Vista, click the Continue button.
- Click the Configure... button.
- If not already selected, select the General tab.
- If your wireless networking information is not included under the General tab, select other tabs in the window, such as the Advanced tab.
- Click OK.