Receiving Daily Monitoring Report Error from LISTSERV
Time to Complete (in minutes): 10
- I get a daily monitoring report error from LISTSERV. What should I do?
Due to an error in the LISTSERV program, LISTSERV will send a daily monitoring report error. Mail is going to the correct PIDs, but your list is receiving returned information that the PIDs are not valid.
While there is no way to stop receiving the daily report, you can prevent LISTSERV from deleting email addresses it deems invalid by editing your list's header. There are two ways to do this:
- Using the LISTSERV tools page:
- Go to the LISTSERV 16.0 (http://listserv.vt.edu/cgi-bin/wa.cgi?LMGT1) Web site.
- In the Email Address: text box, type your email address.
- In the Password: text box, type your LISTSERV password.
- Click the Log In button.
- At the top of the window, click the List Management button.
- From the menu, select List Configuration.
- From the submenu, select Manual List Configuration.
- In the List Header text box, under the list of owners, on a new line, type: Auto-Delete=No
- Click the Save button.
- At the top right of the window, click the Log Out link.
- Sending an email message:
- Address an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of the message, type: get [Your List Name] (header)
Note: Replace [Your List Name] with your list's name.
- You will receive a response containing your list's header information.
- Reply to the message.
- Before the list of owners, on a new line and type: * Auto-Delete=No
Important: Many email programs insert a prefix symbol (such as >) in front of each line in a reply message and/or add an original email summary. If your program does this, remove each prefix symbol and/or the email summary. Note that the asterisks (*) beginning each line are used by the LISTSERV program to read your header, so do not remove any of the asterisks beginning the lines.
- In the message you are composing, locate the line containing PUT [LIST NAME] LIST PW=******** and replace the asterisks (*) with your LISTSERV password.
- Send the message.
- You will receive a message confirming that your list header was successfully replaced.