Unsubscribing from a LISTSERV List
Time to Complete (in minutes): 5
- How do I unsubscribe from a LISTSERV list?
To unsubscribe from a list:
- Important: Send your request from the email address that is used on the list. If you send your request from a return address that is an alias to your PID or an entirely different email address, you will not be taken off the list. LISTSERV will assume the request is coming from a different person.
- If you want to subscribe to a LISTSERV list, refer to Subscribing to a LISTSERV List (http://answers.vt.edu/kb/entry/181/).
- Start your email program.
- Address a new message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of the message, type: signoff [List Name]
Note: Replace [List Name] with the name of the list from which you want to unsubscribe.
- Send the email message.