LISTSERV Does Not Recognize You as Owner of List
Time to Complete (in minutes): 10
- LISTSERV does not recognize me as the owner of my list and cites email return address problems. What should I do?
- LISTSERV identifies the owner of a list by the return address of sent email messages. You will receive an error message if you are:
If you are posting from the correct address, verify that you are listed as an owner of the list. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- sending email messages to the list from an address other than the one with which you subscribed to the list,
- using an email address with an alias,
- using an alternate mail program, such as Yahoo! or Hotmail, when posting to the list, or
- forwarding your mail to another address.
- Send an email message to the LISTSERV administrator, requesting a review of your list.
- Address a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of the message, type: review [Your List Name]
Note: Replace [Your List Name] with the name of your list.
- Send the message. You will receive a response containing your list header. The line beginning with "Owner=" contains the email address of the list owner.
- Log on to the LISTSERV Web page, and determine if you can manage the list.
- Go to the LISTSERV 16.0 (http://listserv.vt.edu/cgi-bin/wa.cgi?LMGT1) Web site.
- In the Email Address: text box, type your email address.
Note: If you have not registered for List Tools, click the get a new LISTSERV password link, and follow the on-screen prompts.
- In the Password: text box, type your LISTSERV password.
- Click the Log In button.
- If your list's management page appears, you are the owner of the list.
If you are not listed as the owner of the list and feel that you should be, request that the list be transferred to you. For instructions, refer to Transfer a General List (https://computing.vt.edu/webapps/listserv_general_lists/transfer.php)