Performing a Word Count in Adobe Acrobat 7/8/9/10 for Windows XP/Vista/7
Time to Complete (in minutes): 5
- How do I perform a word count in Adobe Acrobat 7/8/9/10 for Windows XP/Vista/7?
Adobe Acrobat does not have the ability to perform a word count. You will need to save the file in Rich Text Format and open the file in Word 2003/2007/2010 to perform a word count. To do this:
- Open your document in Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- From the File drop-down list, select Save As....
- From the Save as type: drop-down list, select Rich Text Format (*.rtf).
- Click the Save button.
- Start Word
- Open the new RTF document.
- Use word count.
- In 2003, from the Tools drop-down list, select Word Count.
- In 2007/2010:
- Select the Review tab.
- In the Proofing group, click the Word Count button.