Time to Complete (in minutes): 5
- How do I run LiveUpdate in Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows?
To run LiveUpdate:
- 4Help highly recommends that you install the latest version of Symantec. A Symantec download is available at no charge for current Virginia Tech students, faculty, staff, and retirees from the Symantec Antivirus Downloads page (http://antivirus.vt.edu/download/).
- In order to run LiveUpdate, you must log on to an account with computer administrator privileges or power user privileges.
- Start Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- If prompted by a user account control window:
- In Vista, click the Continue button.
- In 7, click the Yes button.
- In the left column, click the LiveUpdate link.
- Depending on whether or not there are available updates:
- If LiveUpdate finds updates, it will automatically download the updates, and the LiveUpdate window will automatically close.
- If LiveUpdate reports no available updates, click the Close button.