Creating a Class LISTSERV List in Faculty Access
Time to Complete (in minutes): 5
- How do I create a class LISTSERV list in Faculty Access?
Important: You must be the Faculty of Record for the course(s) you want to add to your class list.
- Go to the Hokie SPA (http://hokiespa.vt.edu/) Web page.
- Click the Login to HokieSpa > > > link.
- In the Username text box, type your PID.
- In the Password text box, type your PID password.
- Click the Login button.
- Click the Faculty Access link.
- Click the Create/Update Class Listserv link.
- Select the course(s) you want to add to the list.
- Click the Submit CRN button.
- In the Name text box, type your full name.
- In the Email Address text box, type the address from which you will post to your class list.
- In the Second Owner and Third Owner sections, add information for any other person who may maintain your class list. For example, you may want to add your teaching assistant as an owner.
- If you would like to archive your list messages for later use, place a check in the Archive check box.
- Select the type of list you want to create.
- Click the Create the Listserv button.
- A confirmation page will open containing the time when your list will be ready to use.
For more information about maintaining your class list, refer to the Class Email Lists page (https://computing.vt.edu/content/class-email-lists).