Current Computing Status:

Service Info

This IT Status feed has been decommissioned as of 02/13/2017.  We now have a new Services Status on our ServiceNow platform.  Please visit to view our current Services Status. view Status History All Active Statuses

New Faculty/Staff

Everything you need to know to begin your career at Virginia Tech.

VT Mobile Messaging

This page contains information for connecting your smartphone or other mobile device to Virginia Tech wireless, VT Google Apps Mail, and Exchange.

Wed, 02/01/2012 - 3:55pm 6532 Views view


My VT is a gateway or portal to Virginia Tech online services and information designed to be used by all Virginia Tech students, faculty, staff, and alumni. The automatic single sign-on capability My VT offers with several university services, such as Hokie SPA, and Departmental Software, uses Central Authentication Services (CAS). Single sign-on means that once you log on to My VT, you won't have to retype your PID and password to access those online services. Featured also in My VT are several information channels that focus on a particular topic. Currently there are over 30 different channels created by various university departments and some channels are from outside sources, like headline news.

Wed, 02/01/2012 - 3:55pm 17441 Views view


See the Avoid Phishing Scam Emails knowledge article.

Wed, 02/01/2012 - 3:55pm 5067 Views view

Remote Access - Virtual Private Network

See the Remote Access - VPN Introduction and Information knowledge page.

Wed, 02/01/2012 - 3:55pm 183068 Views view


See the Exchange Email service catalog item.

Wed, 02/01/2012 - 3:54pm 18514 Views view

Hokies ID

Your Hokies ID is a unique ID for current faculty and staff that resides on the central Virginia Tech Windows servers. Your assigned ID belongs to you and you only. This ID and password serve to grant you access to the primary systems: shared computer resources such as file and printer shares, your Exchange email account, and Office 365 services.

Your ID may also grant other local access, depending on systems implemented on your network. It is important to keep in mind that not all Windows systems are in the same trusted relationship tree as the primary servers, thus you may need localized department IDs for some logons across systems. If you are unsure about a system, contact the administrator in your department.

Wed, 02/01/2012 - 3:54pm 30053 Views view

IT Experience and Engagement: User Engagement (4Help)

See the 4Help - Computing Support service catalog page.

Wed, 02/01/2012 - 3:54pm 61917 Views view